- Dancers will perform in an annual recital.
- Please bring a water bottles to class
- Ballet Attire
PRE BALLET ages 3-5
Young dancers are introduced to the beautiful formal art and structure of classical ballet in a fun and exciting way. This weekly class will enhance your child’s coordination, balance and flexibility. Your child will learn basic ballet positions, steps and terminologies through standing barre work and simple center floor exercises. All dancers will use good posture, practice turn outs, develop epaulement in the center and across the floor. Classes are a developmentally appropriate introduction to classical music, dance, rhythm, coordination and creative movement.
ADVANCED BEGINNER BALLET ages 7-12
this advanced beginner ballet class is for young ladies ages 7 to 12 who may or may not have had previous experience learning the beautiful art of classical ballet. Students will begin to learn smaller, more basic steps and movements at a slow tempo. As class progresses, the steps will gradually become faster and bigger incorporating the entire body and moving across the whole studio space by the end of class.
BALLET 1 ages 6-10
Young dancers learn the art of classical ballet each week. Dancers will begin learning smaller, more basic steps and movements at a slow tempo. As class progresses, the steps will gradually become faster and bigger incorporating the entire body and moving across the whole studio space by the end of class.
A typical ballet class is divided into two sections:
1. Barre and center consisting of a adagio, pirouettes and allegro. Ballet class always finishes with reverence. Barre work helps to establish body and weight placement, build strength and stamina and refine the basics of your technique to use for more difficult steps later in class. Center work is done without the assistance of the barre. Center exercises include port de bras, tendu, grand battement, and small pirouettes.
2. Adagio is a combination of flowing, graceful movements. Promenades, developpe’, waltz, petit allegro, changements, grand allegro (big jumps), codas, then reverance to conclude the lesson. Each week dancers develop in form and technique while learning French.
All dancers …
•will perform in an annual recital
• Receive progress reports every three months
• learn stage direction and vocabulary
Ballet 2 ages 11 and up
Teen dancers will love classical ballet class! It is ideal for both the contemporary and classical dancer and for anyone needing additional formal training in dance. Ballet 2 follows the structure of a traditional ballet class placing the emphasis on rhythm and musicality. Ballet 2 class has four segments weekly:
1. The barre
4. Allegro and Reverence
The components of a classical ballet class are usually consistent throughout most of the world. Ballet class is progressive. In the beginning, dancers will learn smaller important required warm-ups then more basic steps and movements at a slower tempo placed into combinations. They will progress into the year finishing it with a recital based on class abilities. Students will learn basic French through terminologies and develop musicality. Flexibility is also a part of the classical ballet lesson and students will love making new friends!
Multi Class Discount per child
Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, & Lyrical - coming soon!
Enroll in 1 class for regular price ($70/$80 monthly)
Enroll in 2 classes $130
Enroll in 3 classes $165
Enter in the coupon code 2DANCECLASSES or 3DANCECLASSES to receive the special rates posted.
If you wish to bypass the 2.9% credit card fees, register in the classes of your choice and enter the 100% off coupon code PAYANOTHERWAY. Send $130/$165 to either:
•Venmo Virginia Dill@virginia-dill
Please include your students name, class day and time. Specifics please, do not just note “Dance”