- Dancers will perform in an annual recital.
- Please bring a water bottles to class
- Jazz Attire
- Hair must be pulled back into secure ponytail or bun
- Leotard with footed tights
- Black slip-on split sole jazz shoe
Pre Jazz ages 3-7
Students will learn:
•to demonstrate and identify basic jazz dance movements
• to execute basic movements of jazz dance
• vocabulary of new dance steps
• to recall and execute a series of dance phrasing using fundamental dance skills (alignment, coordination, balance, core support, kinesthetic awareness, clarity of movement)
• to demonstrate the ability to adapt dance to alternative performance venues
• jazz positions of the hands and arms
•dance forms relating to jazz
•turns and more!
Students will love listening to and learning upbeat dance music, jazz music while studying the art of jazz dance.
• Bring a water bottle to class
• All jazz dancers perform at the annual recital
•Scroll down for dress code
Jazz 1 ages 6-10
These dancers will be introduced to the genre of jazz dance and explore the origins of the jazz dance style! Students will use proper dress code and weekly class time to enhance their understanding and familiarity of jazz vocabulary terms that will be present throughout the entire year.
Students will …
• learn historical information on the origins of Jazz dance
• demonstrate dance movements
• use genre specific dance terminology
• develop dance literacy
• apply vocabulary, terminology and positions and make corrections when needed.
Students will come away from this class with a general understanding of the history of jazz dance and what culture and trends have influenced and developed this exciting style.
The lesson will take on many forms including verbal, kinesthetic and visual methods.