- Dancers will perform in an annual recital.
- Please bring a water bottles to class
- Tap Attire
Pre Tap Division ages 3-5
Young dancers will use the sounds of their tap shoes striking the floor as a form of percussion! Students will learn to
• match beats right and left.
• how to dance with others in formation
•rhythmical dance phrases.
In pre-tap class, children will do
• barre and center warm-ups
• brush, spank shuffles
• combinations in choreography
• various exercise routines
As this primary level progresses they will be introduced in levels one and two with double tap movements, name steps, turns and eccentric steps.
•Bring a water bottle to class
•Annual dance performance for all Tap dancers!
•See below for dress code
Tap 1 ages 6-10 and Teen division
Through participation and tap techniques, students learn named steps and combination sounds. Dancers used genre specific dance terminology and will learn to
•do across the floor progressions
• weight shift
•execute spatial designs and musical or the rhythmicical dance phrases
The above exercises will be built upon each lesson as the student shows progress throughout the year.